Friday 15 February 2013

Is anybody out there??

I've not posted on this poor neglected blog for months and months now.  I have several excuses reasons for this. 

Firstly, I have been very busy making and blogging over here www.quiltcandygirl.blogspot.com
 
So if you would like to see what I've been up to all this time, I would love you to take a look over there, and maybe, just maybe, you will follow me there too :-) 
 
And I was away for a month at Christmas, so technically that month doesn't count. 
 
So if you are out there and reading this, then hello again and welcome back.  I would like to share with you my latest City and Guilds progress.  After all, that is why I set up this blog, and from now on I plan to post once a week about what I have been getting up to.  (If no one is out there, then that's ok, I still want to keep a record of all my work here anyway, so I shall just talk to myself!) 
 
I have been working on the design element of Module 5, Media, and here are my paintings, colourings etc. of 10 social media logos that I've chosen to work with. 
 




I've learnt that there are so many social media networks out there, how many logos do you recognise??! 

And from these logos I used the computer to generate different designs using repeat patterns, rotation, symmetry etc.




 

I've completed all 10 designs and so far mounted 5, it takes a while because each page is an A3 sheet and they are much bigger than they look. 
 
So I shall continue cutting and sticking my next 5 logo designs and hopefully I will be back next week to show you some more. 

Sarah x


7 comments:

  1. I'm here. So nice to see you again. I look forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you - the logo patterns are looking great! Hope that you enjoyed your month away. What program are you using for your computer manipulation? I've been trying to use GIMP but I got a bit stuck and returned to old fashioned pen and paper - I must learn more and do better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Sarah, have missed blogging myself this week but have found it makes me think about progressing on. So if you do every week I will try to keep up too! Half term for us this week am supper busy with lots of children in the house just, getting my excuse in early as I proberely wont be doing much this week either! Look forward to next weeks update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see your C&G progress. Your logo designs are great - I just love the multiple patterns you can create from manipulating them, its endless, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will right away grab your rss feed as I can not find your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter
    service. Do you have any? Kindly allow me
    recognize in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.


    my site Low Carb Ernährung Rezepte
    My page :: low carb rice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?
    I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had
    issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    My site - kochrezepte kostenlos

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been so busy - it's lovely to catch up on all your C&G work. I particularly like the A3 sheets manipulating the Google 'g' logo :)

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment - I would love to hear from you!