Sunday 28 October 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2012

It was easy for me to choose which quilt to submit  for the Blogger's Quilt Festival. 
 
 
Blogger’s Quilt Festival :: Fall 2012
 
It had to be the one that I am most proud of, and the one that took me the longest to hand quilt this year by far.

It's my Vintage India Baby quilt. 









 
I had great fun putting this quilt together.  As soon as I saw the fat quarter bundle on the internet I just knew I had to have it and I knew instantly that I wanted to make a quilt that was as bright, colourful, busy and detailed as possible.  It only took me two afternoons to design and piece the quilt top, but several weeks to hand quilt it.  I know the the quiltng on the red panels stands out the most in these pictures but every single panel is hand quilted, that's why it took me so long.   

Here are the stats:

Finished quilt measures: 102cm x 82 cm
Special techniques used: hand quilting
Quilted by: Sarah Ashford
Best category: baby quilt, hand quilted quilt

Are you entering a quilt this year?  If so, good luck!

5 comments:

  1. This is very cute! I love how you've showcased the elephants...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting, no wonder it took you so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! The teacup fabric is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great. I remember when you were making it I was about to start a trade winds quilt and I still haven't begun! You put me to shame :)

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment - I would love to hear from you!