Wednesday 3 October 2012

Belated Fresh Sewing Day

I am several days late to link up with Lily's Quilts;

Lily's Quilts

I have been away in the UK for the weekend, and since our return I have been faced with mountains and mountains of washing.  So I took the bull by the horns and dealt with it, rather than blogging, which is very sad and boring, and I hate that ordinary domestic tasks get in the way of my creative outlets!
 
But now it's (nearly) done, here I am, with my very small collage of projects from September.



From left to right: Cross stitch and ring pouch for my lovely friends Sean and Heidi; (Congratulations guys, it was lovely to see you so happy on your special day!)  Rainbow bunting for my daughter's nursery; mini pincushion for me
 
It looks like I haven't done much for the month of September, but in fact, I have just, tonight, had a very BIG finish, which I can't wait to share with you, as it's been many hours in the making!  It's my hand quilted cot quilt, using Trade Winds fabrics by Lily Ashbury. 
 
 
Earlier this month
 
I can't wait to get outside and photograph this labour of love, but it could be some time coming, as it has literally rained and rained all day.  So miserable!  As soon as it dries up, I shall be out there with my camera, taking pictures at every angle, to show you the detail in all it's glory. 
 
Back when the rain stops!  





 

5 comments:

  1. A weekend in the UK, yes please! So looking forward to seeing your cot quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your finish. The rainbow bunting is lovely, I think all little girls need bunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pincushion is so sweet!
    And I love your other finishes too.
    Looking forward to seeing the quilt in all its glory.
    Rain, rain, go away, come again another day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting from Lily's Quilts - love your little makes and the pincushion is so cute - and I agree, its terrible when domestics get in the way of creating :) can't wait to see that quilt !

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment - I would love to hear from you!