Friday 9 December 2011

Fiction Fridays #3 Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell



This is a charming little lift-the-flap book that I bought for Freya before she was born.  I made her a little story sack and I was particularly pleased with myself because I managed to use computer software to turn the front cover of the book into a little cross-stitch design which I then stitched to go on the front.  I searched high and low for lots of little animals that featured in the story and while I don't have all of them and there is a slight issue with scaling (note the giant frog and an elephant smaller than the lion for example!) these things are neither here nor there to Freya and she loves pulling out the right animal as she lifts the flaps.  It is certainly one of my favourites and I have even bought Freya the giant 24 piece floor puzzle which she can complete almost all by herself. 

I love fiction Friday's, I have so many more books and props that I can't wait to share.  And it will be such a lovely record for Freya when she is older.  Can't believe this is my 3rd post already...where is the time going?!  It will be Christmas before we know it.  And rest assured, there are lots more books on Freya's Christmas list! 

1 comment:

Please do leave a comment - I would love to hear from you!