Friday 26 August 2011

Moving to Jersey and back in the swing of things

I can hardly believe it, a month or more has passed by and I haven't posted a single thing.  But this time I really do have a good excuse, as my family and I have re-located to Jersey.  Permanently.  And we LOVE it.  Here are a few pictures of some of the fun we have been having so far: 

Freya being buried in the sand
St Ouen's Bay - and yes it's as beautiful as it looks

Back home for a BBQ
Pete and Freya getting stuck in!
So as you can see, there are a lot of distractions, (so many beautiful places to visit and explore) but I am pleased to report that I have resumed working on my coursework and have put in a fair few hours this week.  I am currently working on a little file all about the techniques of applique, as part of module 3, and I thought it would be fun and slightly different to do the whole file by hand.  I have really enjoyed doing the research, and I am even a member of St Helier Library, and they have a wonderful selection of books on all different crafts, which is very exciting.    Anyway, here are a few pictures, in no particular order, of some of my work:



And even Freya has found time to tear herself away from the beach and get creative;


So the next few days are going to be carrying on with my applique techniques file and making the most of the bank holiday!  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful place to live and explore. Such a gorgeous pic of Freya too ... must take after mum with the crafting bug.
    I like your applique notes - lovely and neat. Glad to hear you're getting settled.

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment - I would love to hear from you!